Project Planning and DevelopmentMarch 13, 2019
Youth/Women Development and Poverty Alleviation
The department of Youth/Women Development and Poverty Alleviation was established on 11th of August, 2006 to speed up the implementation of the socio-economic programme of the Commission in its mandate area with a view to alleviating poverty and empowering the people especially youth and women.
The department is saddled with the following schedule of duties:
- Handling of youth related matters
- Handling/co-ordination of women related programmes
- Running of Micro-Credit Scheme
- Handling of Skill Acquisition Programme
- Secretariat of Empowerment Committee of the Board
- Co-ordinating Agricultural Development Programme
- Handling of Trade Support Programme
- Co-ordination/handling of sport related activities.